Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clottey: I’ve got goods to beat Pacquiao

GHANAIAN Joshua Clottey thinks he has the right combination to stun Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao when they tangle for the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown on March 13 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Though early betting odds in Las Vegas have tagged Pacquiao as a 3-1 favorite, Clottey said he can turn things around come fight time with his defense and strength.
“You see I have a lot of [tools] to beat Manny Pacquiao,” Clottey told Boxingtalk.com. “I have my defense in there and I’m a strong welterweight. He’s fighting with one of the best out there and I think I have everything to beat him and when we get to the ring, I will prove it to everybody.”
Clottey said he won’t make the same mistake Miguel Cotto did when the Puerto Rican battled and got stopped by Pacquiao in the 12th and last round on November.
“Cotto thought he was a small guy and he didn’t think Pacquiao was going to hurt him with a punch. But this is boxing and our chin is there to be hit.”
The 33-year-old Clottey, who was beaten by Cotto via a controversial split decision last June 13, said he respects Pacquiao’s power and won’t come into the fight going for a knockout—even if he relishes at the thought of stopping the reigning pound-for-pound king.
“God willing I knock him out, then my money will start coming crazy. I can’t tell you I will knock Pacquiao but I will make so many differences in the ring.”

Source: sports.inquirer.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails