Thursday, March 11, 2010

Manny Pacquiao Plans to Fight and Sing on the Same Night


ARLINGTON, Texas -- It seems farfetched but the lure of stardom could slightly delay Manny Pacquiao's entrance into the ring against Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium for their scheduled fight on Saturday night. That is if the Filipino superstar -- who moonlights as a nightclub singer -- sees his face on the monstrous video screen that will be hover over the ring.

Known for his penchant for holding post-fight concerts with his band -- Pacquiao recently appeared and sang on Jimmy Kimmel Live -- Pacquiao hinted that he might just be tempted to break into song during his walk up to the ring.



"I think I'm going to see my big face up there. I'm going to see people screaming," said Pacquiao, 31, during an interview with reporters following a press conference at Cowboys Stadium. "It's a big screen. I'm really excited and happy. We're going to play my band's songs while I'm walking into the ring."


If Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 knockouts) were to do so, it would be indeed be another milestone for the first fighter to win seven titles in as many weight classes.

After stopping Miguel Cotto in the 12th round to earn the WBO welterweight (147 pounds) title in November at the MGM Grand in Las Vegaas, Pacquiao held an impromptu concert down the strip at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Pacqauiao had pulled a similar stunt following his May 2009 second-round stoppage of Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas.

And in the aftermath of Saturday's fight, assuming he wins, Pacquiao plans to do the same.

"I will have an after-fight party. Last night I practiced with my band. I'll practice tonight also," said Pacquiao.

"He's got a voice coach and everything. The MP band is here," said his trainer, Freddie Roach. "Manny's a performer. There's no stage big enough for Manny Pacquiao. He'll want to entertain all 45,000. He wants to entertain everybody. He loves it."

source: boxing.fanhouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails