Thursday, February 18, 2010

Joshua Clottey reveals game plan to pound Manny Pacquiao

Joshua Clottey

Not frightened by the disappointment of his long-time coach to move toward to the United States for the reason of visa problems, Clottey still believes he has a “game plan” to defeat Pacquiao in their March 13, 2010 world welterweight title fight.

“I am effective and will be prepared for the clash. I still have a first-class team around me and am sure I will come out triumphant,” Joshua Clottey told Ryan Burton of BoxingScene.com in a restricted discussion.


With no investigating into facts, the iron-chinned Ghanaian slugger said he knows what he has to do to overpower Manny Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 knockouts), the world’s reigning pound-for-pound finest fighter.

“I have all my strategy and that is what I am preparing for right now. I need to put into practice them so I can implement them when I walk in the ring. I have all my strategy in my head,” said Joshua Clottey (35-3, 21 knockouts), who also said he has fought successfully against southpaws before.

In fact, Joshua Clottey’s largest win was his undisputed decision triumph over former undoubted world welterweight champion Zab Judah, a lefty like Pacquiao, in August 2008 to win the International Boxing Federation welterweight title.

Joshua Clottey, 33, shrugged off Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach’s forecast that the Filipino ring superstar would crack down Joshua Clottey’s match and beat him out in the late rounds.

Manny Pacquiao’s squad is saying they are going to beat me out and in fact I don’t mind them saying that. They can say anything they want to say. I already familiar in my head what I am going to do and how I am going to succeed Joshua Clottey said.

Joshua Clottey said he is at present preparing with two unbeatable sparring mates at training camp. The first one is very fast just like Manny Pacquiao to get set for the Filipino’s vaunted momentum and explosiveness. And the bigger one is helping him grind his muscle for the largest fight of his profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails