Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pacquiao: 'I feel like a football player'

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATE) – Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao said he felt like a football player with the atmosphere at the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas during the press conference for his upcoming fight against Ghana's Joshua Clottey.
“I like the introduction. I mean, amazing. First time. I mean, I’m surprised. I feel like I’m a football player,” a beaming Pacquiao told the crowd according to a report on ABS-CBN’s Umagang Kay Ganda.
Pacquiao and Clottey donned Cowboys jerseys when they faced the media on Tuesday at the Cowboys Stadium, which is the venue of their March 13 “The Event” welterweight bout. There were also cheerleaders positioned beneath a large video screen at the $1.2-billion stadium, Agence France-Presse (AFP) noted.
The 7-division champion will defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) title against the Ghanaian, a former International Boxing Federation (IBF) welterweight champion.
The Filipino boxing superstar went on to talk about his opponent: “Clottey he's a good fighter and a top fighter and he's bigger than me so I have to prepare hard for this fight.”
Pacquiao has a record of 50-3-2 (with 38 knockouts) while Clottey has 35 wins (20 KOs), 3 losses and 1 no contest.
Clottey, for his part, said he is aware that he will be facing a very tough opponent in the “People’s Champ.”
“This is going to be a hell of a fight… I love Manny Pacquiao. If you throw (punches) at him, he will throw back at you. I know what I'm going to face,” Clottey said in an AFP report.
“Please come on March 13. It’s gonna be a good fight between Clottey [and myself],” added Pacquiao.
The “The Event” headliners will proceed to New York for another press conference at the Madison Square Garden.
Pacquiao will then start his training camp at the Wildcard Gym in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California after his promotional commitments.
Source: abs-cbnnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails