Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Trash Talk Between Manny Pacquiao, Joshua Clottey in Texas

In contrast with the failed Pacquiao-Mayweather match which was marked by intense trash talk, the upcoming fight between Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey is characterized by an exchange of civilized statements praising each other for their skills.
Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao and former IBF welterweight champion Joshua Clottey met at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas Tuesday for their first promotional press conference that will bring the two boxers to New York and Los Angeles, California before they go their separate ways to start training for their March 13 fight.
Among those present during the press conference were Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum and Jerry Jones, the owner of the $1.2 billion Cowboys Stadium. They were joined by Freddie Roach and other members of Team Pacquiao as well as Clottey's entourage.
There were no trash talks between the two boxers, only civilized statements praising each other for their boxing skills and professional accomplishments in contrast with the failed Pacquiao-Mayweathyer match which was characterized by intense trash talks especially from the camp of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
For his part, Manny Pacquiao said:

I would like to thank God for giving me good health every day. I'd like to thank Jerry Jones . . . It's my first time to come here. I like the introduction, it's amazing . . . I feel like a football player. Please come on March 13th. It's going to be a good fight with Clottey . . . . We will do our best to give a good fight.

In his statement, Clottey stated:

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Jerry Jones for giving me this opportunity fight . . . I've never seen a stadium like this before . . . . and I would like to thank Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach for this wonderful opportunity that they have given me. I can't thank Manny Pacquiao enough. He is the best guy. This fight will be a hell of a fight.

"This is not an easy fight for me. I am fighting the pound-for-pound king,” said Clottey, who has a 35-3 win-loss card with 20 knockouts.
After giving up on Mayweather, Pacquiao faces a tough opponent in Joshua Clottey. and said he will train hard for the fight.
"It's going to be a good fight," said Pacquiao.
"Clottey, he is a good fighter, a top fighter, and he is bigger than me. I have to prepare hard for this fight and train hard and focus."

Source: digitaljournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails