Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Can Handle Pacquiao

Former IBF Welterweight champion Joshua Clottey has stated categorically that he will strip WBO Welterweight champion, Mammy Pacquiao, of his title come March 13 in the USA.

In his audacious words at a press conference at the Media Centre of the Ohene Djan Stadium, he revealed that; “Pacquiao is human just like I am, and not a superman as many regard him.

“I see the fight as a big platform which outcome will not only open more doors for me, but will place the name of Ghana on a higher pedestal,” added Clottey.

To Clottey, he is approaching the fight for the first time with the nation at heart, and not the purse, saying “I’m not going into this fight because of the purse, but I have my eyes firmly glued to the title and will definitely destroy him to shock the world.”
Supporting his claim, he gave the assurance that he has not lost to any southpaw in his career, and Pacquiao will not be the first to pose a threat to him noting, “I have antidotes to southpaws, no southpaw has defeated me in my career.”

The technical director of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA) Professor Azumah Nelson noted that Clottey has allayed his fear about the Philippine boxer, when he said he gave the assurance that he can handle southpaws. And with that assurance, the boxing Professor now worries for the WBO champion, taking into account Clottey’s courage and strength. He advised Clottey to step up his training as he strives to return home with the WBO title.

He assured Clottey of his support in the March 13 bout pointing out that “I wish him well and will be there in persons to support him.” Mr Worlanyo Agra, the Chief Executive of the National Sport Council (NSC) assured the boxer of the nation’s unflinching support in the forthcoming bout.

Source: sports.peacefmonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails